1. K-State home
  2. »Student Access Center
  3. »Students

Student Access Center

Registration Process for Academic or Transportation Accommodations

  1. Complete the application for accommodation and services.
    A paper copy is available in the office.

  2. Provide appropriate disability documentation
    Documentation can be dropped off at the office, mailed, e-mailed or FAXed.

  3. Meet with an access advisor.
    Once the documentation is reviewed, the student and access advisor will meet to discuss any academic accommodations the student may need.

  4. Request letters of accommodation.
    Upon request, letters of accommodation are emailed to the student.  The student is then responsible for providing a letter of accommodation to instructors. The letter explains that the student has a documented disability and states what academic accommodations are appropriate.

Request process for University Housing Accommodations

Specific information for accommodations in residence halls or Jardine Apartments at Kansas State University can be found at University Housing Accommodations.