Faculty Guide: Accommodations
As of summer 2020, Student Access Center manages accommodation notification processes electronically through AIM (Accessible Information Management). This online system allows students to request letters of accommodation which are emailed directly to all faculty/instructors listed for each course. There are many times when faculty and students need to have a conversation concerning the particulars of course requirements and how accommodations will be provided. Students are still responsible for contacting faculty to discuss accommodations, however, feel free to reach out to students, if that is your preference.
Faculty AIM PortalThe Faculty AIM Portal is part of the AIM system and is available to faculty to view a list of all students who have requested accommodations for each course and their accommodation letters. To login, faculty will use their eID and password. During this transition to AIM, we have had a glitch in the Faculty Portal. You may need to log in twice before the system will recognize your credentials. We continue to work with the vendor to fix the issue. Contact Student Access Center via email with any questions concerning the new system at email@example.com.
SAC Testing Center
The Testing Center utilizes AIM to schedule and track exams. The process is as follows:
- Student requests accommodations for a course using the Student AIM Portal. AIM automatically generates an email to all faculty members listed for the course with the letter of accommodation attached.
- If testing accommodations are requested, a link to the Alternative Testing Agreement is included. It is important that faculty submit the agreement before a student schedules an exam. If not, a reminder email will be sent to faculty to complete the Alternative Testing Agreement.
- The student schedules their exam with the SAC Testing Center through AIM.
- SAC testing staff approves the student's request reviewing the parameters set in the Alternative Testing Agreement. Faculty have the ability to verify the exam schedule for each student.
- From the left navigation bar in the Faculty Portal, faculty will manage all exam information by selecting Alternative Testing. Faculty will have the option of uploading exams in AIM and may choose to upload one exam for all students in a course section or upload a unique exam file for each student. Uploading is the preferred method for delivering exams to the SAC Testing Center, however, exams can still be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For any questions concerning the new system,please email email@example.com or call 532-6441 and ask for the Testing Center.