1. K-State home
  2. »OIP
  3. »Education Abroad
  4. »Incoming Exchange Students
  5. »Pre-Arrival Information
  6. »Enroll in Courses

Education Abroad

Enroll in Courses

Once you have been accepted to Kansas State University, you will have access to view additional questionnaires on your KSU online application, which will help you with course enrollment and housing.

Leading up to, and upon acceptance, please review the courses available for the semester(s) during which you wish to attend Kansas State University.

You will be required to enroll in at least 12 credits (also referred to as units), and the exchange will cover the cost of tuition for up to 15 credits (**Exception: For students coming from one of our Australian partners, the exchange will only cover tuition for up to 12 credits).  Please note that if you choose courses with special participant fees attached to them, or Division of Continuing Education (DCE), on-line, or UFM Community Learning Center courses, our office may not cover the cost of those additional fees.

Class work is assessed by the professor teaching the course which may be based on in-class exams, written papers, projects and/or attendance. This is variable and depends on the professor. Grading scales can be curved or on an absolute scale as determined by the professor.

Courses Not Open to Incoming Exchange Students:

  • Veterinary Medicine
  • Kinesiology
  • Graphic Design

Number of classes a typical student takes per term:  4-5
Number of hours per week typical student spends in class:  12-15
Number of weeks per term:  15

Undergraduate Students wishing to enroll in Graduate-level credit:

Once you are on campus, you can request permission to enroll in Graduate level courses from the Incoming Exchange Student Coordinator.  Students who have been admitted as Undergraduate students are only able to enroll in 9 credit hours at the graduate level. The exchange will cover a combination of 6 graduate (800 level or above) and 6 undergraduate (100-700 level) credit hours. Once approval is granted by the Incoming Exchange Student Coordinator, you should complete the "special enrollment access request form," which is located on the Graduate School web site at https://www.k-state.edu/grad/forms/sec/career.html.