1. K-State home
  2. »OIP
  3. »Education Abroad
  4. »Incoming Exchange Students
  5. »Apply as an Undergraduate Student

Education Abroad

Apply As An Undergraduate Student

Students WalkingWhen to Apply*:

  • October 1 for January enrollment (Spring)
  • May 1 for August enrollment (Fall)

*If the application deadline cannot be met, home institution advisors should contact seboro@ksu.edu

Application Information

Undergraduate exchange students should apply using the Kansas State University online application system. When all of your materials have been received, and the application questionnaires have been answered, your materials will be forwarded to the International Admissions Office. Depending on the time of year, and the number of applications received, it may take 2-4 weeks before you receive a response regarding the International Admissions decision.

  1. Once your nomination is received by the Incoming Exchange Coordinator at K-State, we will create an application on your behalf. This will send an automated email to the address used by your Home Exchange Coordinator for your nomination. Please login to your application using the instructions below or the Guide to Logging into your Application (PDF).
  2. Check the email address and follow the link in the email to the "General non-login."
  3. When asked to indicate how you will be logging in, select “I have login credentials to this site that I received by email.”
  4. Complete the security questions and change your password.
  5. Click to open the Incoming Exchange Student Application on the left hand side of your applicant portal. 
  6. Follow the prompts to enter your "Applicant Parameters" including current address, permanent address, and emergency contact.
  7. Click on each of the Application Questionnaires, and respond to the questions as appropriate.
  8. Please refer to the “What to Send” section below for more information about the documents that must be submitted with your application.

Academic Admissions Requirements 

  • Completed High School Degree
  • 2.5 out of 4.0 GPA (grade point average)

See exceptions here

3.0 out of 4.0 GPA required for:
Interior Architecture and Product Design*
Landscape Architecture*
Regional and Community Planning*

Human Ecology:
Interior Design

Business Administration:

2.75 out of 4.0 GPA required for:
Arts and Sciences:
Fine Arts
Business Administration:
Management Information Systems
Architectural Engineering
Biological Systems Engineering
Chemical Engineering
Civil Engineering
Computer Engineering
Computer Science
Construction Science and Management
Electrical Engineering
Industrial Engineering
Information Systems
Mechanical Engineering 
*The SAT is strongly recommended for all Architecture programs. The SAT is not required for any programs.

Where to Send Your Application

Please submit all of your supporting documents to the exchange coordinator at your home university. Your exchange coordinator should then forward your supportuing documents to the following email:

Attn: Sara Boro

Email: seboro@ksu.edu

What to Send (Supporting Documents)

Exchange students applying to Kansas State University must submit all of the following items: 

1. Affidavit of Financial Support

Note: the sponsor on the Affidavit of Financial Support must match the name on the supporting bank statement. If the money from your parent/sponsor is already in your bank account then you are your own sponsor.

2. Copy of passport ID and data pages

3. Letter of Support from home university exchange coordinator, stating the following information:

i. Name of the student being nominated;

ii. Confirming the student does not have a disciplinary record at their home university;

iii. Confirming that the student either:

a. Has a sufficient level of English language knowledge to take courses taught in English, verified by either signed documentation from an academic institution or language school OR

b. By results from a recognized English language test; more detailed information can be found on the International Student and Scholar Services Website

4. Official University Transcripts (translated into English)

**An electronic or paper portfolio is required for students applying to the College of Architecture, Planning and Design. 

English Proficiency Test

The Department of State requires that all Undergraduate exchange students possess sufficient proficiency in the English language, as determined by an objective measurement of English language proficiency, to successfully participate in his or her program and to function on a day-to-day basis. 

To verify English language proficiency, students must do one of the following:

1. Provide signed documentation from an academic institution or English language school;

2. Provide results from a recognized English language test;

3. Or be required to take the English Language test and enroll in English language courses as assessed

Application Fee

Exchange students are not required to pay the Kansas State University application fee.  This fee is covered by the Office of International Programs, as a part of our reciprocal exchange agreement with your home institution.