August 22, 2017
Counseling Services offers fall semester therapy groups
Counseling Services offers group therapy to all K-State students during each semester. Group therapy is the preferred therapy option for students wanting to better understand themselves and how they relate to and impact others.
Group therapy is one way to help address relationship concerns including difficulty saying "no," not opening up to others out of concern for being a burden, feeling alone or isolated, feeling anxious in social situations and more. It also can be helpful for concerns such as depression, anxiety, adjusting to college, and better understanding yourself and your emotions.
Find additional information at k-state.edu/counseling/student/group.html.
The cost for most groups is $7 per session, and they meet weekly all semester.
Contact Counseling Services at 785-532-6927 to learn how to join a therapy group.
Fall 2017 group therapy schedule:
- 3-4:30 p.m. Mondays: Living with Loss — for individuals grieving the death of a significant person in their life.
- 1-2:30 p.m. Wednesdays: Graduate and nontraditional students group.
- 3-4:30 p.m. Wednesdays and Thursdays: Understanding Self and Others — open to all students.
- 2-3:30 p.m. Fridays: Spectrum — for individuals who identify as LGBQP2SA. Free for fall 2017 — funding provided by private donors.
- 2:30-4 p.m. Fridays: TRANScend — for individuals who identify as transgender, gender nonconforming, gender nonbinary, gender fluid, or questioning. Free for fall 2017 — funding provided by private donors.
- Calming the Storm: For individuals wanting to build skills to more effectively manage emotions and distress. Day and time to be determined based on interested students' schedules.