Check out the schedule page for our updated Open Gym hours!
Our new online payment store is now ready! Click here to pay with credit/debt card.
CrossFit is about building community. Come be a part of the experience!
- Bored with your workout routine? CrossFit classes are designed to be constantly varied, functional fitness performed at a high-intensity relevant to your fitness level.
- Want to learn new skills, such as handstands, Olympic lifts, one-leg squats and pull-ups? CrossFit will teach you those skills and more with proven, individualized, step-by-step instructional methods.
- Do you think you're in excellent shape and you want a chance to prove it? You can train to compete in local, regional and international CrossFit competitions.
- Do you have a functional limitation that hinders your workouts such as back or knee pain from an old injury? Regain your range of motion and muscular strength and endurance through the functional movements of CrossFit.
- CrossFit workouts are done in a group, with movements scaled to your fitness and ability level under the direct supervision of a trainer. You will receive individualized feedback, yet pay a fraction of the cost that you would for a personal trainer.
A Testimonial for K-State Cross Fit - Lorn Clement - June 28, 2015
In my recent life experience, a cancer surgery in 2013 left me with a paralyzed vocal cord and the need for months of physical therapy for my right arm, back, and neck muscles. In 2014 I turned 60, just after joining a Kinesiology research project on functional fitness and mobility – one of the best decisions of my life. Now I am a member of K-State CrossFit and I find an hour’s workout three times a week is extremely beneficial. At this time I have a long way to go on core strength, but every day I feel progress, the care of excellent trainers, and their consideration of my needs for scaling the movements; and I feel the camaraderie that assures me I am a member of a positive and supportive community. I have made new friends in this group; from all walks of life and from around the world, so I would recommend the social component of the classes to those looking for a fun and nonjudgmental group with which to work out.
Needless to say, the focus on safety while addressing strengthening and conditioning through variations in stretches, exercises, use of equipment, and ever changing routines builds confidence and is refreshing. I enjoy reading the white board after arriving to see and discuss the day’s agenda; I appreciate the help I get from not just trainers who are leading the class, but from others in the room who may be participating in the workout, observing, or doing other tasks. Every member and staff person has been positive and supportive. I find that muscles I didn’t know I had are letting me know that they are being worked and work better (range of motion, coordination, strength, etc.) than in the past. I know I am much stronger and more flexible than when I started a year or so ago; and I look forward to more progress and continued friendships. This experience is contributing to a quiet confidence and joy that comes from feeling strong and knowing I am engaged in regular and essential activities for a good life, with very good help, and will be able to do what I want to do for a long time.
CrossFit Benefits my Back
"I wanted to let you know CrossFit has been working well for me. You know I had some reservations after my first class -- knees, back and hip. However, I would like to thank you, Bryan and Shely for your encouragement and patience. Bryan and Shely are very good at coaching to ensure proper positioning during the exercises to ensure safety and proper technique. Although I questioned whether my back could handle the strenuous exercise, I have found it actually feels better now after six weeks of CrossFit than it did after one year of going to the Chiropractor monthly. Don't get me wrong, CrossFit is really hard work. I still get tired and sore. I still have years of muscle imbalances and flexibility issues to work on. But, overall I really feel I am finally moving in the right direction. Thanks to all three of you." - Tonyia S.