Working at Kansas State University
Kansas State University is a great place to work.
Become a part of Kansas State UniversityThe university is consistently recognized by U.S. News and World Report as one of the nation's best colleges. It's only going to get better. Under the
K-State 2025 plan, the university will be a top 50 public research university by 2025. Employees will play an integral part of the plan.
Employees at the university receive outstanding benefits, including health insurance, retirement plans, sick and vacation leave and tuition assistance.
From the arts to athletics, the university makes Manhattan a classic college town that offers many amenities, including:
- Big 12 sporting events, including football, basketball, baseball and more
- A large recreation complex and natatorium as well as numerous parks and trails throughout the area
- Cultural events and performances — including Broadway musicals, musicians and speakers — at the university's McCain Auditorium
- Landon Lecture speeches by national leaders, such as U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justice Sonia Sotomayor, former Presidents George W. Bush and Bill Clinton, and former U.S. military commander Gen. David Petraeus
- A vibrant and revitalized downtown that offers shops, restaurants and the new Flint Hills Discovery Center