Clery Compliance at K-State
Kansas State University is dedicated to helping all members of the K-State community have a positive educational experience, and is fully committed to providing a safe and inclusive environment for all. As part of that commitment, K-State adheres to the requirements set forth by the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, also known as the Clery Act.
Sarah F. Barrett is the K-State Clery Act Federal Compliance Coordinator and works to oversee the following initiatives for the Manhattan, Olathe, and Polytechnic campuses:
- Compilation and disclosure of statistics of reports for Clery Crimes reported for the university's three campuses. This disclosure and report contains:
- Crime data (by type);
- Fire incident data;
- Security policies and procedures in place to protect the community; and
- Information on the handling of threats, emergencies and dangerous situations.
- Collection of reports of Clery Crimes made to K-State Police, local law enforcement, university officials and others associated with the university who have significant responsibility for student and campus activities.
- Management of regular, mandatory training for all Campus Security Authorities.
- Coordination of university departments to establish Clery Act-related educational programs and promotion of safety awareness programs.