Student Governing Association Elections
- Primary Election will be held five weeks prior to Spring Break and only include presidential candidates.
- Presidential candidates that move on to the general election must register their Vice Presidential candidate with the Center for Student Invovlement two weeks prior to the general election.
- Primary election candidates who qualify for the general election may continue to table the weeks following the primary election.
- General election campaign materials, such as stickers, buttons T-Shirts, websites, etc. shall not be dispersed or publicized until the primary elections are closed.
- The total amount a presidential ticket may contribute towards its campaign including any contributions from sources other than qualified students of Kansas State University shall be no more than $300.00 for the Primary and $300 for the General election. At no point may candidates advance funds in excess of the funds above toward their campaign, even if the individual(s) makes the excess amount back in third-party contributions.
Important dates for 2018 Student Government Elections
- Tuesday, January 16 – Filing Link available
- Tuesday, January 16 – Primary Election candidates may start dispersing and publicizing candidacy through shirts, buttons, websites, etc.
- Friday, January 26 – Primary Election filing deadline @ 4:00pm
- Monday, January 29 – Mandatory Rules and Regulations meeting for Primary Election Candidate Meeting @ 4:00 p.m., SGA Conference Room
- Tuesday, February 6 – Primary election Candidates may begin chalking and displaying banners and posters after 5:00pm
- Wednesday, February 7 – Primary election candidates may begin tabling
- Friday, February 9 – Primary election candidates expense/contribution reports due @ 4:00pm
- 12:00 pm Tuesday, February 13 – 6:00pm Wednesday, February 14th – Primary Election (presidential candidates only)
- Wednesday, February 14 – General Election candidates may start dispersing and publicizing candidacy through shirts, buttons, websites, etc. @ 6:00pm
- Thursday, February 15– Primary election candidates failing to qualify for the general election shall remove all campaign materials from campus property by 7:00pm
- Friday, February 16– General Election Filing Deadline @ 4:00pm
- General Election Candidates must attend one of the two Mandatory Rules and Regulations meetings
- Monday, February 19th – Mandatory Rules and Regulations meeting for General Election Candidates option 1 @ 4:00pm, Wildcat Chamber
- Tuesday, February 20– Mandatory Rules and Regulations meeting for General Election Candidates option 2 @ 4:00pm, Wildcat Chanber
- Tuesday, February 20– General election Candidates may begin chalking and displaying banners and posters after 5:00pm
- Wednesday, February 21 – General election candidates may begin tabling
- Wednesday, February 21 – Vice Presidential Candidates registered by 5:00pm
- Friday, March 2 – General election candidates expense/contribution reports due @ 4:00pm
- 12:00 pm Tuesday, March 6 – 6:00pm Wednesday, March 7 – General Election
- Thursday, March 8 – All campaign materials removed from campus property