Student Governing Association Elections
Important changes to Student Government Elections
- Primary Election will now be held five weeks prior to Spring Break and only include presidential candidates.
- Presidential candidates that move on to the general election must register their Vice Presidential candidate with OSAS two weeks prior to the general election.
- Primary election candidates who qualify for the general election may continue to table the weeks following the primary election.
- General election campaign materials, such as stickers, buttons T-Shirts, websites, etc. shall not be dispersed or publicized until the primary elections are closed.
- The total amount a presidential ticket may contribute towards its campaign including any contributions from sources other than qualified students of Kansas State University shall be no more than $300.00 for the Primary and $300 for the General election. At no point may candidates advance funds in excess of the funds above toward their campaign, even if the individual(s) makes the excess amount back in third-party contributions.
Important dates for Student Government Elections
- Monday, January 16th – Filing Link available
- Tuesday, January 17th – Primary Election candidates may start dispersing and publicizing candidacy through shirts, buttons, websites, etc.
- Friday, January 27th – Primary Election filing deadline @ 4:00pm
- Monday, January 30th – Mandatory Rules and Regulations meeting for Primary Election Candidate Meeting @ 4:00pm
- Tuesday, February 7th – Primary election Candidates may begin chalking and displaying banners and posters after 5:00pm
- Wednesday, February 8th – Primary election candidates may begin tabling
- Friday, February 10th – Primary election candidates expense/contribution reports due @ 4:00pm
- 12:00 pm Tuesday, February 14th – 6:00pm Wednesday, February 15th – Primary Election (presidential candidates only)
- Wednesday, February 15th – General Election candidates may start dispersing and publicizing candidacy through shirts, buttons, websites, etc. @ 6:00pm
- Thursday, February 16th – Primary election candidates failing to qualify for the general election shall remove all campaign materials from campus property by 7:00pm
- Friday, February 17th – General Election Filing Deadline @ 4:00pm
- General Election Candidates must attend one of the two Mandatory Rules and Regulations meetings
- Monday, February 20th – Mandatory Rules and Regulations meeting for General Election Candidates option 1 @ 4:00pm
- Tuesday, February 21st – Mandatory Rules and Regulations meeting for General Election Candidates option 2 @ 4:00pm
- Tuesday, February 21st – General election Candidates may begin chalking and displaying banners and posters after 5:00pm
- Wednesday, February 22nd – General election candidates may begin tabling
- Wednesday, February 22nd – Vice Presidential Candidates registered by 5:00pm
- Friday, March 3rd – General election candidates expense/contribution reports due @ 4:00pm
- 12:00 pm Tuesday, March 7th – 6:00pm Wednesday, March 8th – General Election
- Thursday, March 9th – All campaign materials removed from campus property