Student Governing Association Elections
- Primary Election will be held four weeks prior to Spring Break and only include presidential candidates.
- Presidential candidates that move on to the general election must register their Vice Presidential candidate with the Center for Student Invovlement one week prior to the general election.
- Primary election candidates who qualify for the general election may continue to table the weeks following the primary election.
- General election campaign materials, such as stickers, buttons T-Shirts, websites, etc. shall not be dispersed or publicized until the primary elections are closed.
- The total amount a presidential ticket may contribute towards its campaign including any contributions from sources other than qualified students of Kansas State University shall be no more than $300.00 for the Primary and $300 for the General election. At no point may candidates advance funds in excess of the funds above toward their campaign, even if the individual(s) makes the excess amount back in third-party contributions.
Important dates for 2019 Student Government Elections
- Tuesday, January 22 – Primary Election candidates may start dispersing and publicizing candidacy through shirts, buttons, websites, etc.
- Friday, January 25 – Primary Election filing deadline @ 4:00pm
- Monday, January 28 – Mandatory Rules and Regulations meeting for Primary Election Candidate Meeting @ 4:00 p.m., SGA Conference Room
- Tuesday, February 5 – Primary election Candidates may begin chalking and displaying banners and posters after 5:00pm
- Thursday, February 7– Primary election candidates may begin tabling
- Friday, February 8 – Primary election candidates expense/contribution reports due @ 4:00pm
- Friday, February 8– General Election Filing Deadline @ 4:00pm
- General Election Candidates must attend one of the two Mandatory Rules and Regulations meetings
- Monday, February 11 – Mandatory Rules and Regulations meeting for General Election Candidates option 1 @ 4:00pm, Wildcat Chamber
- Tuesday, February 12– Mandatory Rules and Regulations meeting for General Election Candidates option 2 @ 4:00pm, Wildcat Chanber
- 12:00 pm Tuesday, February 12 – 6:00pm Wednesday, February 13 – Primary Election (presidential candidates only)
- Tuesday, February 12– General election Candidates may begin chalking and displaying banners and posters after 5:00pm
- Wednesday, February 13 – General Election candidates may start dispersing and publicizing candidacy through shirts, buttons, websites, etc. @ 6:00pm
- Thursday, February 14– Primary election candidates failing to qualify for the general election shall remove all campaign materials from campus property by 7:00pm
- Wednesday, February 14 – General election candidates may begin tabling
- Tuesday, February 19 – Vice Presidential Candidates registered by 5:00pm
- Friday, February 22 – General election candidates expense/contribution reports due @ 4:00pm
- 12:00 pm Tuesday, February 26 – 6:00pm Wednesday, February 27 – General Election
- Thursday, February 28 – All campaign materials removed from campus property