Dr. Tracy M. Turner
Department of Economics
Waters Hall 315
Manhattan, KS 66506
Econ 120 Principles of Microeconomics
Econ 633 Public Finance
Econ 720 Microeconomic Theory
Econ 832 Public Sector Analysis
- Econ 930 Econometrics II
Christian Hilber and Tracy M. Turner, "The Mortgage Interest Deduction and its Impact on Homeownership Decisions." Forthcoming Review of Economics and Statistics.
Andrew Nicholson, Tracy M. Turner and Eduardo Alvarado, "Cigarette Taxes and Cross-Border Revenue Effects: an Analysis of Retail Data." Forthcoming Public Finance Review.
Boland, Michael, John M. Crespi and Tracy M. Turner. "Measuring Sunk Costs in Agricultural and Food Industry Assets: Why Some Assets Sell Below Appraisal." Forthcoming Journal of Agricultural & Food Industrial Organization.
Tracy M. Turner, "Homeownership." Encyclopedia of Urban Studies. Editor, Ray Hutchison. Thousand Oaks: Sage Publications, 2010.
Christian Hilber and Tracy M. Turner, "The Mortgage Interest Deduction and its Impact on Homeownership Decisions," SERC Discussion Paper, 2010-09, London School of Economics.
Tracy M. Turner and Heather M. Luea, "Homeownership, Wealth Accumulation and Income Status." Journal of Housing Economics 18, June 2009, pp. 104-114.
Tracy M. Turner and Marc T. Smith, "Exits from Homeownership: The Effects of Race, Ethnicity and Income." Journal of Regional Science 49(1), February 2009, pp.1-32.
Leah J. Tsoodle and Tracy M. Turner, "Property Taxes and Residential Rents." Journal of Real Estate Economics 36(1), May 2008, pp. 63-80.
Tracy M. Turner and Daigyo Seo, "Investment Risk and the Transition into Homeownership." Journal of Regional Science 47(2), May 2007, pp. 229-253.
Tracy M. Turner, "Does Investment Risk Affect the Housing Decisions of Families?" Economic Inquiry 41(4), October 2003, pp. 675-691.
Steven M. Sheffrin and Tracy M. Turner, "Taxation and House-Price Uncertainty: Some Empirical Estimates." Journal of International Tax and Public Finance 8(4), August 2001, pp. 621-636.
Tracy M. Turner and Debbie Niemeier, "Travel to Work and Household Responsibility: New Evidence." Transportation 24, 1997, pp. 397-419.
Leilei Shen and Tracy M. Turner, "Are Rising College Premiums Capitalized into House Prices? Evidence from China," Manuscript.
Daniel Marti and Tracy M. Turner, "Urban Redevelopment: Impacts on Resident Poverty, Unemployment, Income and House Values." Manuscript.
Luea, Heather, Adam Reichenberger and Tracy M. Turner, "Mortgage Default by 2009: A Longitudinal Analysis of Determinants and Outcomes." Manuscript.
- North American Regional Science Association Annual Meetings, Atlanta, GA, Nov. 2013
- American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association AREUEA)/Allied Social Sciences Association Meeting, Chicago, IL, January 2012
- National Tax Association Annual Meetings, New Orleans, LA, November 2011
- FDIC/Federal Reserve Bank Research Symposium, "Mortgage Foreclosures and the Future of Housing Finance," Arlington, VA, October 2010
- Department of Economics, University of California, Davis, April 2010
- Lusk Center for Real Estate, University of Southern California, April 2010
- Fisher Center, Haas Business School, University of California, Berkeley, February 2010
- Goldman School of Public Policy, University of California, Berkeley, February 2010
- AREUEA/Allied Social Sciences Association Meeting, Atlanta, January 2010