Student Access Center works with faculty to provide accommodations on course exams to qualified students.
Testing accommodations include, but are not limited to:
- Auditory tests (text-to-speech software)
- Calculator use
- Closed-Circuit TV (CCTV)
- Distraction-reduced room
- Enlarged print
- Extended time
- Word processor
Student Access Center can assist faculty in the administration of exams for students receiving testing accommodations. Student are responsible for communicating with each faculty member regarding exams for their courses to determine the arrangement for testing accommodations.
- Students provide the faculty member with an Accommodation Letter addressing the specific testing accommodations that the student receives.
- If it is determined that the student should take their exams in the SAC Testing Center, faculty should follow the instructions, within the accommodation letter, which outlines the process for setting up exam schedules through KSIS.
- Once the faculty member enters the testing information into KSIS, the testing center will contact them via email to request upcoming exams for the student.
- Students and/or faculty members must notify the Testing Center of any change in the test schedule. Changes must be with the permission of the instructor.
- Exams are provided by faculty members either in person or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Faculty are encouraged to pick up exams from the Testing Center or exams can be delivered to the departmental main office within 48 hours upon request.