November 3, 2022
K-State makes case for excellence with 21 Best of CASE awards
Kansas State University is the winner of 21 Best of CASE awards from District VI of CASE, the Council for Advancement and Support of Education.
The awards recognize excellence in creative work to support the university and are for projects that include videos, magazines, websites, social media campaigns and more. The honored works were produced by the Division of Communications and Marketing, K-State Alumni Association and the KSU Foundation.
CASE is an international association of educational institutions. District VI includes member institutions in Colorado, Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota and Wyoming.
Of the awards presented to K-State, 10 were for work by the Division of Communications and Marketing, six for work by the K-State Alumni Association and five for work by the KSU Foundation.
Four of K-State's Best of CASE award winners also were selected for CASE's Circle of Excellence Awards, which were announced in June. These are international awards and showcase outstanding work in advancement services, alumni relations, communications, fundraising and marketing at colleges, universities, independent schools and affiliated nonprofits around the world.
Best of CASE winners by the Division of Communications and Marketing:
- Seek magazine, magazines and periodicals design category.
- Seek magazine, alumni/general interest magazine category.
- Seek magazine, "The Grid," research, medicine and science news writing category.
- College of Architecture, Planning & Design viewbook update, publications design category. The viewbook also received a silver Circle of Excellence Award.
- Office of Recruitment and Admissions reimagined viewbook.
- Your Wildcat Welcome social media initiative, institutional websites marketing category.
- Revitalized Office of Student Financial Assistance website, institutional marketing websites category.
- K-State vaccine challenge videos, COVID-related videos category.
- K-State campus tour video, student audience long videos category.
- 2021 K-State hype video, student audience short videos category.
Best of CASE winners by the K-State Alumni Association:
- K-State license plate program, alumni relations initiatives category.
- International leadership video, long promotional videos category.
- Wildcat Reads, alumni relations pivot category, publications design category. The Wildcat Reads program also received a bronze Circle of Excellence Award. The videos were produced by the Division of Communications and Marketing.
- Kimberly Williams Iman Teaching Award video, long promotional videos category. The video was produced by the Division of Communications and Marketing.
- "Veterinary team promotes love for rural life through entertainment show," feature in K-Stater magazine on K-State veterinary alumni who star in reality series "Heartland Docs, DVM" on Nat Geo Wild, writing profile of less than 1,000 words category.
- "A Statement Maker" for K-Stater magazine, writing profile of less than 1,000 words category. This feature also received a bronze Circle of Excellence Award.
Best of CASE winners by the KSU Foundation:
- Making serious data collection fun via social media, donor relations and stewardship initiatives category.
- Good for K-State magazine, alumni/general interest magazine category.
- 2021 All-In for K-State announcement, fundraising and stewardship long video category.
- Vet Med scholarship surprise, fundraising and stewardship long video category. This video also received a bronze Circle of Excellence Award.
- Band hall video for the K-State Marching Band, fundraising and stewardship short video category.