August 22, 2022
Offices of Risk and Compliance and Internal Audit launch anonymous reporting hotline
Kansas State University recognizes the need for the campus community to have a way to report allegations of fraud or related misconduct anonymously and without fear of retaliation.
In accordance with PPM Chapter 3230, Reporting Fraud, K-State will investigate any reported fraudulent or related misuse of university resources or property. Such acts include, but are not limited to:
- Making or altering documents or computer files with the intent to defraud.
- Purposely inaccurate financial reporting.
- Misappropriation or misuse of university resources, such as funds, supplies, or other assets.
- Improper handling or reporting of money transactions.
- Authorizing or receiving compensation for goods not received or services not performed.
- Authorizing or receiving compensation for hours not worked.
The offices of Risk and Compliance and Internal Audit launched a universitywide anonymous reporting hotline on July 1. The hotline is managed by a third-party vendor, Syntrio/Lighthouse, and is available 24 hours per day, seven days per week. Reports can be made online, by phone, or by email.
Anyone with a reasonable basis for believing fraudulent or related misconduct has occurred is urged to report the incident using the anonymous hotline. Your information will remain completely confidential unless you express a desire for your contact information to be shared.
Additional information about the hotline, including the information for reporting an incident, can be found at k-state.edu/internalaudit/anonymous-hotline/index.html.