March 5, 2021
Newly hired faculty members invited to join New Faculty Institute
The New Faculty Institute is a universitywide program hosted by the Teaching and Learning Center to introduce newly hired faculty to K-State's missions of teaching, research and service. The New Faculty Institute provides networking and professional development opportunities to assist new faculty in becoming successful educators and researchers at Kansas State University.
The K-State New Faculty Institute will help participants:
- Make contact, establish relationships and initiate a professional network with peers and established faculty.
- Become knowledgeable about Kansas State University.
- Develop a sense of belonging to the K-State community.
- Take steps toward successful involvement in K-State's missions of teaching, research and service.
- Become proactive participants in a lifelong professional development process.
To be added to the listserv and to receive timely updates about the New Faculty Institute, please email Tamara Bauer at email@example.com.
Join us for our spring events. Events will take place virtually and are scheduled for:
- Friday, March 12, from 1-2 p.m.: Teaching strategies with Greg Eiselein, English; Ashley Rhodes, biology; Don Saucier, psychological sciences; Mary Kay Siefers, global food systems leadership; LaBarbara Wigfall, landscape architecture and regional & community planning; and Linda Yarrow, food, nutrition, dietetics and health.
- Wednesday, March 24, from 11 a.m. to noon: Time with President Myers.
- Monday, April 12, from 4-5 p.m.: Promotion, tenure and research at K-State.
- Monday, May 3, from 4-5 p.m.: Social networking event.
For event details and to RSVP, please see the website: k-state.edu/tlc/programs/nfi.