April 8, 2020
Support available for virtual meetings and conferences
Because in-person events have been suspended, virtual events have become an important tool for remote learning, conferences and other meetings. K-State's Division of Communications and Marketing, Information Technology Services and Global Campus are available to support virtual meetings and events.
Hosting an event via Zoom provides an opportunity to accomplish meeting objectives through lectures, keynote presentations, panel presentations, breakout sessions and attendee engagement. Support is available to help determine how a virtual meeting may most effectively meet your needs, including:
- Meeting format and setup.
- Attendee registration and sign-in.
- Security — to ensure only registered attendees can access the meeting and to prevent Zoom bombing or other interference.
- Technical support and practice sessions.
- Audience engagement tools including polling, chat, breakout rooms, audio and video.
- Moderator support to manage your virtual event behind the scenes, including attendee engagement.
The virtual event support request form is available and provides information that will assist planning. Submitting the request will begin the conversation. A representative from the Division of Communications and Marketing, Information Technology Services or Global Campus will follow up to discuss available services and to answer questions.