November 18, 2019
Registration open for 2020 Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt workshops
Submitted by Debbie Hagenmaier
Dates have been announced for 2020 offerings of the Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt workshop at Kansas State University. Courses will be on the Manhattan campus on Jan. 16-17, May 18-19 and Aug. 20-21.
Registration is open to students, faculty, staff and the general public. Class size is limited and early registration is encouraged.
The introductory Yellow Belt course, offered by the College of Business Administration, is the foundation program of Lean Six Sigma and its methodologies. The two-day course teaches the Lean Six Sigma foundations and demonstrates how these methods can be used by individuals and teams to improve customer satisfaction, reduce errors, increase efficiencies and work more effectively to solve problems.
Participants will gain the following through the course:
- Learn the history and background of Lean Six Sigma.
- Participate in Lean Six Sigma projects that deliver meaningful results.
- Master several key Lean Six Sigma tools.
- Understand the Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve and Control problem methodology.
- Establish process improvements in your work areas.
- Understand the importance of "soft skills" in a Lean Six Sigma project.
Reduced registration fees are offered to K-State students, faculty and staff.
For more information and to register, please visit global.k-state.edu/business/development.