October 28, 2019
Do not delay: Enroll in your insurance before Oct. 31
October is open enrollment for health, life and voluntary insurances. The enrollment period will run through Oct. 31 for coverage effective Jan. 1, 2020.
Health Insurance and voluntary insurances
To be able to choose the plan you desire for 2020, all benefit-eligible employees must enroll during the month of October 2019. After submitting your enrollment be sure to save, submit and print the confirmation provided. It is extremely important to print your elections and keep them until you have verified your elections when you review your first check in January 2020.
Human Capital Services and the State Employee Health Plan have many resources that may help you make a decision for health coverage for 2020.
- The State Employee Health Plan Enrollment Booklet provides an overview of components of health insurance and gives a comparison of the five health insurance plans and premiums.
- The State Employee Health Plan Vendors have provided videos to explain their benefits and answers commonly asked questions.
- Human Capital Services has an open enrollment website that links resources and provides additional information.
- NueSynergy provides information about health savings accounts, health reimbursement accounts, and flexible spending accounts.
- Ask Alex is a helpful tool that may assist you in making or verifying your decision for 2020.
Don't delay your enrollment. To enroll, follow the below instructions.
- Log in to HRIS.
- Navigate to Employee Self Service.
- Select Benefits.
- Select Health Insurance Enrollment.
- You may need to reenter your eID and password.
- Select Kansas State University from the dropdown box.
- Once logged in to the MAP portal, Add Family Member, if applicable.
- Load supporting documents, if applicable.
- Select Enrollments & Events, then Launch Enrollment.
- Make your health insurance selections for coverage.
- Review and select the "I have read and agree ..." statement checkbox.
- Select Continue.
- You must print a copy of your health insurance coverage selections for your records (Ctrl+P).
- Log out of the MAP portal.
October is also open enrollment for optional life insurance through the Teachers and Employees Association and Kansas Public Employees Retirement System, also know as KPERS.
Information on optional life insurance can be found on the open enrollment website.