May 2, 2019
Internal position available: Faculty associate director for Teaching and Learning Center
The Teaching and Learning Center is accepting applications for a .5 FTE one-year term position of faculty associate director. The application deadline for the position is May 10. The term for the position will be July 1, 2019, through June 30, 2020.
The duties for the position will include:
- Facilitate/teach EDCI 943 course for both fall 2019 and spring 2020.
- Facilitate/oversee GTA Development monthly series.
- Assist with other programs currently in place, if needed.
- Assist with developing any new programs for faculty.
- Represent the TLC at events and other venues when needed.
- Assist the interim director with other projects as needed.
The required qualifications for the position are a full-time regular faculty appointment at K-State and evidence of excellence in teaching. The preferred qualifications include tenured faculty appointment with graduate faculty status and evidence of scholarship of teaching and learning.
Interested applicants should submit the following application materials as a PDF all in one file to Jackie Harmon, email@example.com, by the deadline to be considered for the position:
- Current CV.
- Letter of interest, addressing fit for the position and ideas for extending the mission of the center in the coming year.
- Copies of teaching evaluations from two classes in the past year.
Questions concerning the position should be directed to Brian Niehoff, associate provost for institutional effectiveness and interim director for the center, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 785-532-4797.