November 14, 2018
Office of International Programs to present 2018 International Education Awards Ceremony and Reception
The Office of International Programs will present the 2018 International Education Awards Ceremony and Reception from 4:30-6 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 15, in the Regnier Forum and atrium in Regnier Hall.
This signature event honors outstanding K-State and community leaders who have excelled in providing international opportunities and elevating the level of international awareness for K-State faculty, staff and students.
Join the office to congratulate and recognize the following 2018 International Education Award winners:
- International Educator of the Year Award: Lynn Ewanow, associate professor and associate dean, director of environmental design studies program and director of international programs in the College of Architecture, Planning & Design, will be honored as the 2018 International Educator of the Year. This award was established by the Office of the Provost and implemented by the Office of International Programs to recognize an individual's sustained commitment and major contribution to elevating and advancing international opportunities and education at K-State. Under Ewanow's direction and since the inception of the Italian studies program in 1991, APDesign has sent more than 1,000 students to Italy for a semester-long academic program and 431 students have studied in Orvieto. Read more about Ewanow and her leadership in international education at K-State.
- Outstanding Support for International Initiatives: The Staley School of Leadership Studies, under the leadership of Director Mary Tolar, will be honored with the 2018 Outstanding Support for International Initiatives. This award is presented to a department, unit or organization within the university that has gone above and beyond to support OIP's international initiatives and/or serve our global student body in extraordinary ways. The Staley School of Leadership Studies under the leadership of Director Mary Tolar has welcomed international dignitaries, scholars and faculty to campus and they have hosted multiple workshops bringing global perspectives into our classrooms. Read more about the Staley School and its international initiatives.
- International Innovative Education Program of the Year: The Australian-American Fulbright Commission and the Oz to Oz Program will receive the 2018 International Innovative Education Program of the Year. This award, in its fifth year, recognizes a successful collaboration at the highest level by an outside institute or organization with a university department or unit. John Leslie, university distinguished professor of plant pathology and director of the Oz to Oz Program, worked tirelessly to initiate this creative and collaborative partnership resulting in K-State hosting the only U.S. Distinguished Fulbright Chair in the U.S. The Australian Fulbright Commission and the Oz to Oz program started in 2012 and this year was just extended for an additional five-year partnership. Read more about the commission and the Oz to Oz Program.
The Office of International Programs also will present an OIP Fair to feature the international units in the department and other international-themed units on campus that will share international information. Participating units:
- Office of International Programs.
- Education Abroad.
- International Scholar and Student Services.
- English Language Program.
- International Admissions and Recruiting.
- Confucius Institute.
- Graduate School.
- Staley School of Leadership Studies.
- U.S.-China Center for Animal Health.
- K-State Alumni Association.
- Peace Corps.
During this event, Charles Taber, provost and executive vice president, and Grant Chapman, associate provost of the Office of International Programs, will make remarks and present awards.