November 1, 2018
Mark your calendars for International Education Week
The Office of International Programs announces the November 2018 International Education Week activities.
Celebrate the benefits of international education and exchange worldwide during the annual International Education Week. International Education Week is a joint initiative between the U.S. Department of State and the U.S. Department of Education to promote programs that elevate the level of international awareness on campuses and prepare students for a global environment.
The following are 2018 K-State International Education Week events. The events are free unless otherwise noted.
- K-State in Italy Education Abroad Session: 3:30-4:30 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 7, in 112 Leadership Studies Building. Learn from K-State students who have experienced the inspirational city of Orvieto. Meet students and K-State in Italy office staff Serena Croce and Graziella Gasparri.
- Chinese Houses: The Architectural Heritage of a Nation: 7 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 8, in the K-State Student Union's Bluemont Room. The K-State Confucius Institute presents its second "Understanding China" lecture featuring SUNY distinguished professor emeritus Ronald Knapp.
- International Coffee Hour featuring Jamaica: 4 p.m. Friday, Nov. 9, at the International Student Center. Learn more about Jamaican customs and make new friends. Have coffee, tea and cultural treats.
- International Food Festival presented by KSU International Coordinating Council: 5:30-8:30 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 11, in the Frith Community Center at Jardine Apartments. Sample scrumptious cuisine at this annual event where students from around the world prepare and share global delicacies, authentic dishes, appetizers, desserts and drinks. For ticket cost and information contact Dhruthi Singamsetty at email@example.com.
- Paraguay 50th Anniversary Partnership with the state of Kansas: 4:30-6 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 13, at the International Student Center. The Paraguayan Student Association and Office of Internationals Programs present a festive reception celebrating 50 years of partnership between the state of Kansas and the country of Paraguay. This unique long-time association has created and elevated cultural understanding and encouraged collaborative exchanges.
- Raising your International Profile seminar: Noon to 1 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 14, in 305 K-State Student Union. Ken Williams, director of licensing and director of business development, food and ag products sector at the K-State Institute for Commercialization will give the presentation. Williams will share the process and recent success stories of how the institute promotes the commercialization of university and underutilized corporate intellectual property emanating from basic research at Kansas State University.
- 2018 International Education Awards Ceremony and Reception: 4:30-6 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 15, in Regnier Forum and atrium in Regnier Hall. Join in the signature International Education Week event honoring the 2018 International Education Award winners. Winners will be recognized in the following award categories: International Educator of the Year, Outstanding Support for International Initiatives and International Innovative Educator of the Year. During the awards ceremony, the Office of International Programs also will feature a fair highlighting the international units in the office as well departments throughout campus.
For more information about International Education Week, contact Mary K. Pyle at firstname.lastname@example.org.