October 3, 2018
Search committee appointed for director of facilities custodial services
A search committee appointed by Casey Lauer, assistant vice president for engineering, utilities and maintenance, has begun the national search for the director of facilities custodial services.
"Facilities management plays a key role in supporting the mission of the university in so many ways," Lauer said. "This position, the director of custodial services, is an outstanding opportunity, and I'm honored to work with the selection committee on this search. The director will provide leadership for custodial operations and foster a commitment to customer service to ensure a sustainable, healthy and secure campus environment for our students, faculty and staff."
Search committee members:
- Allan Leikam, director of facilities — College of Veterinary Medicine, chair.
- Patrick Lancaster, custodial manager.
- Stephanie Brecheisen, custodial supervisor.
- Gloria Loberg, custodial specialist.
- Chaz Jackson, room scheduling specialist.
- Heather Mills, assistant director campus planning and space management.
- Tim Brunner, associate director II physical infrastructure.
- Grant Hill, administrative consultant, assistant to chief of staff.
Lindsey Fouquette, executive recruitment manager for Human Capital Services, is serving as the executive recruiter.
The director of facilities custodial services position will play a vital leadership role in the management and operations of the university. They will provide executive leadership with an emphasis on customer service to campus units in accordance with the university's strategic plan and the Campus Master Plan. The director will plan, organize, direct and coordinate line, professional and specialized staff comprised of more than 120 custodial, refuse, recycling and pest control personnel. These staff members are responsible for the maintenance and cleaning of the academic, research space and office facilities, estimated at approximately 6.4 million maintainable gross square feet of university campus properties. The search committee will accept applications until Oct. 31.