January 25, 2018
Gain a financial advantage by completing Powercat Financial's K-State 360 badges
Powercat Financial wants to provide all undergraduate students with a competitive edge to stand out to future employers or graduate and professional schools.
Financial capability is an important skill set we feel any student should possess upon graduating. To assist students in achieving financial capability we have created the following K-State 360 badges that enhance not only a student's financial literacy but reinforces healthy financial behaviors:
- Salt Badge: Obtain financial skills training on a variety of essential life skills via courses offered in the free online Salt financial tool sponsored by K-State. To achieve this badge you must activate your free membership to the Salt online financial tool; participate in Hands-on Salt Training via Zoom; and complete just four of the 12 financial courses offered in Salt.
The next Hands-on Salt Training Workshop will be online via Zoom at 3:30 p.m. Jan. 25. Use the password Salt. Alternative workshop dates will be approximately every two weeks thereafter as noted in K-State 360 and on the Powercat Financial calendar of events. The first eight students to come to the Powercat Financial office in Room 302 on the third floor of the K-State Student Union and show us they have completed the Salt Badge will win some sweet Salt swag.
- College Financial Planning Badge: Engage in group education plus at least three individual financial counseling sessions to assist you in developing a personal college financial plan to optimize your financial success. To achieve this badge you must attend three counseling sessions; attend a Student Money Management Workshop; and attend two of Powercat Financial's upcoming events.
The next Student Money Management Workshop is at 3 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 30, in Room 207 of the K-State Student Union. Alternative workshop dates will be once a month thereafter as noted K-State 360 and on the Powercat Financial calendar of events.
Mark your calendar to attend the following upcoming events which count toward the K-State 360 CFP badge requirement:
- Marriage and Money workshop at 7 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 13, in Room 227 of the K-State Student Union. Learn how to merge finances with a partner successfully.
- Spring Break NOT Spring Broke event at noon Thursday, March 1, in the K-State Student Union courtyard. Have a chance to play games, learn how to save during spring break and win more prizes.
- Young Money LIVE! by Todd Romer speaker event at 5:30 p.m. Tuesday, April 3, in 1088 College of Business Building. Romer is the author of "Young Money: A Powerful 5 Step Plan to Financial Success." He will show students how to save, manage, spend, invest and give money differently through a distinct and disruptive five-step system that leads people to a more purposeful and significant life. The first 75 attendees receive a free copy of his book.
Sign into K-State 360 to learn more or email Powercat Financial at email@example.com if you need assistance.