1. Kansas State University
  2. »Division of Communications and Marketing
  3. »K-State Today Student Edition
  4. »Know your rights

K-State Today Student Edition

December 4, 2017

Know your rights

Submitted by Attorney General Haley Hannaman

As a student, it is important that you know your rights.

Students with legitimate complaints have a right to petition a judicial board and have their case heard. To file a case with the Judicial Branch, contact Attorney General Haley Hannaman, or fill out the Code of Conduct reporting form. Once a case is started, the appropriate board will receive the information and contact the student regarding further action. This process is kept confidential in order to protect the privacy of those undergoing the judicial process.

If you are unsure of whether or not your complaint is a Student Code of Conduct violation, you can review the Student Code of Conduct on the SGA Judicial Branch website. The website also has guidance as to where your complaint may fall if it is not a Student Code of Conduct violation.

If you have an emergency, contact the K-State Police Department at 911. For additional emergency contacts and procedures, visit the Office of Student Life website.

All students are encouraged to reach out to Hannaman with any questions about the Judicial Branch or judicial processes at haleyannhannaman@k-state.edu or visit during her office hours from 10:45 a.m. to 2 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays in the Center for Student Involvement at the K-State Student Union.