October 2, 2017
Gain an advantage over other students by completing Powercat Financial's K-State 360 badges
Powercat Financial wants to provide all undergraduate students with a competitive edge to stand out to future employers or graduate and professional schools.
Financial capability is an important skill set we feel any student should possess upon graduating. To assist students in achieving financial capability we have created the following K-State 360 badges that enhance not only a student's financial literacy but reinforce healthy financial behaviors:
Salt Badge: Obtain financial skills training on a variety of essential life skills via courses offered in the free online Salt financial tool, sponsored by K-State. In order to achieve this badge you must:
- Activate your free membership to the Salt online financial tool.
- Attend a Hands-On Salt Training Workshop.
- Complete four of the courses offered in Salt.
The next Hands-on Salt Training Workshop is at 2:30 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 10, in 306 Calvin Hall. Additional workshops will be offered at 3:30 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 26, and 2 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 9, both in 306 Calvin Hall.
The first 10 students to come to the Powercat Financial office in Room 302 of the K-State Student Union on the third floor and show us they have completed the Salt Badge will win some sweet Salt swag!
College Financial Planning Badge: Engage in group education plus at least three individual financial counseling sessions to assist you in developing a personal college financial plan to optimize your financial success. In order to achieve this badge you must:
- Attend three counseling sessions.
- Attend a Student Money Management Workshop.
- Attend two of Powercat Financial's upcoming events.
The next Student Money Management Workshop is at 11 a.m. Friday, Oct. 13, in Room 207 of the K-State Student Union. An additional workshop will be offered at 10 a.m. Tuesday, Nov. 7, in Room 207 of the K-State Student Union.
Mark your calendar to attend Powercat Financial's upcoming events:
• Eating Healthy on a Budget workshop at 5:30 p.m. Monday, Oct. 9, in the Wildcat Chamber, formerly the Little Theatre, of the K-State Student Union. Learn how to set up a budget that constitutes healthy choices and have a chance to win free groceries.
• Thrifty Gifting event at 4:30 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 9, in the Flint Hills Room of the K-State Student Union. Play games, learn how to save during the holidays and win more prizes.
• Look for future spring events to come such as the Marriage and Money Seminar and Spring Break NOT Spring Broke event.