January 20, 2023
KSRE Local Foods Systems to host statewide virtual town hall Jan. 25
The K-State Research and Extension Local Food Systems transdisciplinary team invites anyone interested to its next statewide quarterly local food systems virtual town hall from 11 a.m. to noon on Wednesday, Jan. 25.
The goal of the meeting is for people working in the area of local food systems across Kansas to share what their organization is working on related to local food systems and learn what other organizations are doing so that we all can work together to strengthen local food systems.
The following is the agenda for Jan. 25.
1. Five-minute presentations by:
- Kansas Department of Revenue: Update on Kansas food sales tax changes.
- K-State Pollution Prevention Institute: Food waste reduction efforts.
- Local food systems-related legislative update from the Kansas Department of Agriculture.
- Local food systems-related legislative update from the Kansas Department of Health.
2. Open discussion about upcoming/ongoing local food systems-related grants in Kansas:
- KSRE USDA Regional Food Systems Program grant.
- Any others who would like to share.
3. Brief announcements of upcoming local food systems events/initiatives in Kansas that will occur in the next few months. Everyone is welcome to share announcements that you might have in this area.
If you plan to post information about this session online, please share the registration link so that the Zoom link is not shared online.