January 28, 2022
Annual Campus Security Authority training
Campus Security Authority, or CSA, training is available for members of the Kansas State University community who by Kansas State University PPM 3110 are required to complete annual training reviewing their responsibility to report crimes on and off campus. CSAs have a federally mandated reporting responsibility. Annually, universities must collect and publish the number of specific crimes reported to certain employees whose roles and responsibilities, as defined by the Clery Act, qualify them as a Campus Security Authority.
The following groups of individuals have been identified as CSAs at K-State:
- University police: Any commissioned police officer employed by the university.
- Individuals with campus security responsibility: Any individuals who have responsibility for campus security but who do not constitute campus police. Examples of this category are campus security officers.
- Officials who have significant responsibility for student and campus activities. An official of an institution who has significant responsibility for student and campus activities, including, but not limited to, student housing, student discipline, and campus judicial proceedings. Examples of this category:
- University president and members of the president’s cabinet who have significant responsibility for student and campus activities
- Faculty or staff advisors to departmental student organizations
- Department/unit heads and program directors
- Athletic directors, including executive and associate athletic directors
- Athletic coaches including assistant coaches
- Staff across student affairs and housing
- Vice president for student life and deans of students
- Director of student life-crisis management
- Director of New Student Services
- Director of Community Standards
- Associate/assistant director of housing and dining
- Full-time housing staff
- Resident assistants
- Community assistants who monitor access to resident halls
- Residential learning assistants
- Academic deans
- Title IX coordinator
- Administrators at branch campuses
The following required training — which takes less than 30 minutes — must be completed by Feb. 18. Your completion will be recorded through Qualtrics and be automatically uploaded into HRIS.
If you have questions about survey content or your obligation to complete the required survey, please contact me.
Ryan L. Van Dusen, Ph.D.
Compliance & Conflict Resolution Manager
Kansas State University