October 8, 2021
2021 Benefits Fair announcements and registrations
The 2021 virtual benefits fair continues next week, Oct. 11-15, and HCS-Benefits is offering virtual access to most state and K-State benefit providers.
Interactive sessions, exclusive to K-State, will be offered each day. In addition, for those nearing age 65, or anyone wanting additional information, Medicare Basics will be presented by Debra Wood of K-State Research and Extension. Blue Cross Blue Shield and Aetna will also offer presentations on retiree supplemental plans through the State Employee Health Care Plan — all great opportunities to learn more about these valuable and often mystifying programs.
An itinerary with registration links is below, and we encourage all benefits-eligible employees to participate. Please be on the lookout for additional communications throughout the open enrollment season, through Oct. 31, and contact your HCS-Benefits team at email@example.com should we be of assistance or support.
Monday, Oct. 11:
- 10-11 a.m. CST — Medicare Basics with Debra Wood
- Registration: Oct. 11 Benefits Fair: Medicare Basics
- 2-3 p.m. CST — Voluntary Supplemental Plans with The Hartford (accident, injury, critical illness).
Tuesday, Oct. 12:
- 10-11 a.m. CST — CVS Caremark.
- Registration: Oct. 12 Benefits Fair: CVS Caremark
- 2-3 p.m. CST — State of Kansas Retiree/Medicare Supplemental Options with Aetna
- 3-4 p.m. CST — Health Savings Accounts (HSA) and Health Reimbursement Accounts (HRA) with MetLife
- Registration: Oct. 12 Benefits Fair: MetLife HSA/HRA
Wednesday, Oct. 13:
- 1:30-2:30 p.m. CST — Delta Dental
- Registration: Oct. 13 Benefits Fair: Delta Dental
Thursday, Oct. 14:
- 10-11 a.m. CST — Teachers and Employees Assoc. (TEA) Optional Group Life Insurance
- Registration: Oct. 14 Benefits Fair: TEA Open Enrollment Options
- 2-3 p.m. CST — Blue Cross Blue Shield (Employee benefits followed by retiree Medicare benefits)
- Registration: Oct. 14 Benefits Fair: Blue Cross Blue Shield
Friday, Oct. 15:
- 10-11 a.m. CST — KPERS Optional Group Life Insurance
- 2-3 p.m. CST — Vision Insurance with Avesis
- Registration: Oct. 15 Benefits Fair: Avesis