May 19, 2021
Understanding Your Role as a K-State Supervisor offered virtually on June 2 and 4
Understanding Your Role as a K-State Supervisor will be offered from 8:30-10:30 a.m. Wednesday, June 2, and 8:30-9:30 a.m. Friday, June 4, via Zoom. Attendance at both sessions will be required to receive credit for the topic.
This topic is suitable for all academic, professional and support staff with management and/or leadership roles across the university. Participants will understand the importance of a leader who encourages and guides employees, advances teamwork, inspires trust and optimizes results.
The session will help participants:
- Define the role of the supervisor.
- Understand the higher education construct in the state of Kansas and the hierarchy of Kansas State University.
- Differentiate employee types: university support staff, unclassified, faculty.
- Understand the importance of effective onboarding practices.
- Build rapport and trust within a team.
You must be a current supervisor of USS or unclassified professionals to attend this session. This session is offered in conjunction with the K-State Supervisory Foundations Pillar I: Establishing Your Supervisory Foundation certificate program, therefore, seating is limited.
To register for this session, please complete this registration form.