May 5, 2021
Register now for Course Design Institute to be offered in June
Global Campus, Polytechnic Campus and the Teaching and Learning Center are offering a Course Design Institute at no cost, but limited seats are available. Faculty and graduate students can register online.
The institute will provide a five-week course-preparation experience June 1-July 2 for K-State faculty and graduate students who are currently teaching or plan to develop an online or blended course in the next year. The institute will be offered completely online with some synchronous components to provide the opportunity to experience the distance learner's perspective.
The institute will engage the learner in five modules. Through each module, we will explore elements of effective course design in online and blended teaching:
- Module 1: Teaching Persona, Philosophy, and Practices.
- Module 2: Fundamentals of Online and Blended Teaching and Learning.
- Module 3: Tools for Integrating Technology into Teaching and Learning.
- Module 4: Student Success in Online and Blended Teaching and Learning.
- Module 5: Assessment in Online and Blended Teaching and Learning.
Participants completing all requirements will earn a certificate of completion. Contact Trina McCarty, instructional designer for Global Campus, at email@example.com with questions.