February 10, 2021
Team registration open for annual Gates Capital Management Stock Pitch Challenge
The finance department invites Kansas State University students to put their stock analysis skills to the test with $10,000 in prize money on the line in the fourth annual K-State Stock Pitch Competition.
The competition, sponsored by Gates Capital Management, is open to all K-State students from any major or college. To compete, teams consisting of two to four students will research their best stock investment idea. The analysis will need to consider both the qualitative — competitive advantage, management, corporate governance, etc. — and quantitative — valuation, ratio analysis, etc. — aspects of the company. Based on the written reports, the top five teams will be selected to present their plans to a panel of judges comprised of investment professionals.
"This competition is a great opportunity for students to develop both their analytical and presentation skills," said Ansley Chua, finance department head. "The real-world experience of pitching a stock in front of the type of investment professionals we have on our panel is invaluable."
- Teams are required to register by completing the form at cba.k-state.edu/stockpitch by Sunday, Feb. 28.
- Registered teams will electronically submit written analysis to Scott Hendrix at email@example.com by noon Friday, March 26. Late submissions, including those received at 12:01 p.m., will not be considered.
- The top five teams will be announced as finalists Wednesday, April 7. Finalists will be notified via email.
- The top five teams will submit a 10-minute video presentation by Friday, April 16.
- Final competition will take place virtually for the top five teams on April 23, where a panel of investment professionals will make its decisions.
- First place will be awarded $5,000.
- Second place will be awarded $3,000.
- Third place will be awarded $2,000.
- Top freshmen-only team will be awarded $500.
- Top non-business major will be awarded $500.
For more information and full competition guidelines, visit cba.k-state.edu/stockpitch.