January 27, 2021
Spring 2021 Week of Welcome events kick off Feb. 2
Although classes are starting in a two-week virtual-only modality, the Center for Student Involvement will welcome you back to campus with a series of programs as part of Week of Welcome. With a mix of virtual and in-person events, this semester's Week of Welcome programs will adjust to create opportunities of all kinds for students to connect with others and get involved in the campus community.
Here's a brief look at what to expect beginning Feb. 2:
- Speed Friending, 7 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 2 — Meet new people and make connections from the comfort and convenience of your own home.
- Virtual Game Night, 7 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 3 — Join with others to play a virtual game and meet new people at the same time.
- Virtual Game Lunch Break, noon Thursday, Feb. 4 — Take a break from your studies, enjoy your lunch, meet new people, and play a fun virtual game.
- Campus Scavenger Hunt, Feb. 8-12 — Each day a new location will be selected, and hints will be shared on the CSI's Twitter and Instagram accounts. Be the first to find the daily item and turn it into the Union Welcome Desk for a special prize.
- Take Home Craft with Board and Brush, 11 a.m. Monday, Feb. 8 — Pick up your @Home craft kit from the Union Welcome Desk and post the finished project on social media with #KStateWOW. Special thank you to Board and Brush, Manhattan for co-sponsoring this event.
- Pack-a-Snack for Cats' Cupboard, noon to 2 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 9 — Stop by the Union courtyard to help pack 150 snack bags for Cats' Cupboard users and write a message of encouragement for fellow Wildcats.
- Theme Trivia, 4 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 9 — Put your trivia knowledge to the test in this multi-round trivia event.
- Gift Basket Bingo, 6 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 10 — Play bingo, meet new friends and win a gift basket all at the same time.
- Sip with SafeRide, 9 a.m. Thursday, Feb. 11 — Stop by to grab a hot beverage and get entered to win a $50 Lyft voucher.
- Activities Carnival, 6 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 11 — Browse hundreds of student organizations, meet new people, and find out how to get involved on campus this semester.
- Team Trivia Night, 5 p.m. Friday, Feb. 12 — Test your team's knowledge against other teams in a fun night hosted at Union Station by JP's Gastropub.
Make sure to check out the full calendar of events at wow.k-state.edu for more information, event locations and/or links and more.
Questions about Week of Welcome activities can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or 785-532-6541.