July 27, 2011
Recent publication and presentations from library faculty and staff
Faculty and staff from K-State libraries have recently had a busy array of scholarly activities.
- Thomas Bell, faculty and graduate services librarian, presented "Children of God -- The World of Skin: The Sacred and the Profane in the Music of Swans" at the annual meeting of the Mountains-Plains chapter of the Music Library Association in Albuquerque, N.M.
- Bell published a review of David Kilgour and the Heavy Eights' album, "Left by Soft," for CD Hotlist's New Releases for Libraries Music Reviews.
- Donna Ekart, communications coordinator, published "Summer Reading Club" in Computers in Libraries, a magazine about technology in libraries. The article was part of her regular "Tech Tips for Every Librarian" column.
- Leo Lo, research and development librarian, has accepted a two-year appointment to the editorial board of Library Leadership and Management, the official journal of the Library Leadership and Management Association. Lo is also the New Leader's representative on the Library Leadership and Management Association's board of directors.
- Jason Coleman and Melia Fritch, undergraduate and community service librarians, and a colleague published "Social software for training and managing reference staff" in Indiana Libraries, the journal of the Indiana Library Federation.