March 19, 2020
Transitioning to remote course delivery
During this time of change, K-State is committed to making the transition from on-campus to remote course delivery as seamless as possible for faculty and students. Please work with your students to help them find appropriate solutions. Several resources are available to you in this effort.
Through the K-State Campus Store, Follett is offering several options for faculty and students:
• Access to eBooks at no additional charge. Visit the campus store website to gain access to eBooks at no additional charge with your .edu email address. You can access up to seven eBooks for the designated period free of charge.
• Free access to Lumen Learning OER courseware. Lumen Learning — Follett’s OER partner — is offering FREE access to courseware to help supplement content, and offer additional resources to faculty, click here for the Lumen offer.
• Free online shipping. Visit the campus store website for free shipping on all items with no minimum purchase. This includes various formats of course materials, supplies, apparel, technology and more.
• Free shipping on rental returns and deadline extensions. The campus store is offering free shipping return labels and is also extending the non-return period without penalty to assist with increased returns by mail. Click the COVID-19 message on the top of the home page of the campus store website for more details.
Additionally, K-State Libraries is offering the following solutions:
• K-State Libraries can scan chapters from our textbook collection and request chapters from other libraries as well. The ability to fill requests is heavily dependent on the operations of other libraries, many of which are also reducing their operations. To maximize your chance of success, please request only those portions of books that you need.
• To place a request for a chapter of a textbook, use the Interlibrary Loan request form. The library will work to get you a scanned copy either from our collection or another library.