March 10, 2020
Understanding Your Role as a K-State Supervisor offered March 23
Understanding Your Role as a K-State Supervisor will be offered from 8 a.m. to noon Monday, March 23, in the K-State Alumni Center Banquet Room C.
This session is suitable for all academic, professional and support staff with management and/or leadership roles across the university. Participants will understand the importance of a leader who encourages and guides employees, advances teamwork, inspires trust and optimizes results.
The session will help participants with the following:
- Defining the role of the supervisor.
- Understanding the higher education construct in the state of Kansas and the hierarchy of Kansas State University.
- Differentiating employee types — university support staff, unclassified, faculty.
- Understanding the importance of effective onboarding practices.
- Building rapport and trust within a team.
You must be a current supervisor of university support staff or unclassified professionals to attend this session. This session is offered in conjunction with the K-State Supervisory Foundations Pillar I: Establishing Your Supervisory Foundation certificate program, therefore, seating is limited.
To register for this session, please complete the registration form.