December 16, 2019
Cats' Cupboard winter hours and additional community resources
Cats' Cupboard: The K-State Food Pantry will be open regular hours through finals week, Friday, Dec. 19.
The pantry will be closed on Sunday, Dec. 22, but will reopen on Monday, Dec. 23, 1-6 p.m. Then, during the winter break, Cats' Cupboard will be closed Dec. 24 through Jan. 1, 2020.
When the food pantry reopens Jan. 2-20, 2020, the hours follow:
- Monday: 1-6 p.m.
- Tuesday-Thursday: 1-5 p.m.
- Friday: 9 a.m. to noon
- Saturday-Sunday: Closed.
On Dec. 25, all are welcome to a free Manhattan Community Christmas Dinner from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at St. Thomas More Parish Hall. Interested in volunteering? Contact Kathleen Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional free community meals are available every day of the week thanks to Common Table community meals. Common Table is a breakfast and supper meal program in Manhattan that provides meals seven days a week. It is free and open to everyone. The following is a complete list of Common Table locations:
- Sunday 6-7 p.m.: 700 Poyntz Ave., First Congregational Church. Sack lunch also available.
- Monday 6-7 p.m.: 301 N. Fourth St., Riley County Seniors' Service Center.
- Tuesday 7-8:30 a.m.: 601 Poyntz Ave., St. Paul's Episcopal Church. Sack lunch also available.
- Tuesday 6-7 p.m.: 801 Leavenworth St., First Presbyterian Church.
- Wednesday 7:30-8:15 a.m.: 801 Leavenworth St., First Presbyterian Church.
- Wednesday 6-7 p.m.: 612 Poyntz Ave., First United Methodist Church. Sack lunch also available.
- Thursday 6-7 p.m.: 930 Poyntz Ave., First Lutheran Church.
- Friday 7-9 a.m.: 601 Poyntz Ave., St. Paul's Episcopal Church.
- Friday 6-7 p.m.: 930 Poyntz Ave., First Lutheran Church.
- Saturday 6-7 p.m.: 612 Poyntz Ave., First United Methodist Church.