August 29, 2019
K-State hosts 2019 Coffman Leadership Institute
The Staley School of Leadership Studies and Human Capital Services collaborated to host the 2019 James R. Coffman Leadership Institute on Aug. 7-9. The Coffman Leadership Institute is organized with the idea of "Empowered Individuals, Enhanced Institutions."
The institute offers faculty and unclassified staff a unique opportunity to refresh and enhance their leadership skills and knowledge. It serves as a launching point for continuous leadership development, professional networking, and empowerment of Kansas State University professionals.
The Coffman Leadership Institute works toward the objectives of providing opportunities for participants to refresh and develop their leadership skills in a safe yet challenging learning environment, providing a space for networking and interdisciplinary cooperation for faculty and staff, and infusing Kansas State University with more empowered faculty and staff leaders. Campus directors, department heads and unit leaders nominated their own faculty and staff to be a part of this program.
The 2019 James R. Coffman Leadership Institute participants were:
- Dominic Barnes, Global Campus.
- Debra Bolton, Diversity and Multicultural Student Affairs.
- Chris Brandt, K-State Research Foundation.
- David Brown, Human Capital Services.
- Allyssa Bruce, K-State Libraries.
- Landa Colvin-Marion, Veterinary Health Center.
- Brad Cunningham, Student Success Center in College of Business Administration.
- Jenny Dowell, Human Capital Services.
- Allison DuLac, Academic Achievement Center.
- Mitzi Farmer, mechanical and nuclear engineering.
- Kelli Farris, Center for Student Involvement.
- Gwen Ferdinand-Jacob, physician assistant program.
- Carolyn Ferguson, Division of Biology
- Anthony Ferraro, family studies and human services.
- Carmen Garcia, PreAward Services.
- Shelley Griffin, Information Technology Assistance Center.
- Mishelle Hay McCammant, Agriculture Academic Programs.
- Debbie Kirchhoff, K-State Olathe.
- Caroline Kolins, Post-Harvest Loss Innovation Lab.
- Katrina Lewis, interior architecture and product design.
- Carole Lovin, Engineering Research and Graduate Programs.
- Katie Lynn, K-State Libraries.
- Cleopatra Magwaro, Office of Institutional Equity.
- Roxanne Martens, family studies and human services.
- Lisa Melander, sociology, anthropology, and social work.
- Kevin Moodie, Student Success Center in College of Business Administration
- Jason Nelson, Biosecurity Research Institute.
- Susan Rensing, gender, women, and sexuality studies.
- Sara Rosenkranz, food, nutrition, dietetics and health.
- Kevin Shippy, Information Technology Assistance Center.
- Jeannie Simpson, K-State Research Foundation.
- Beth Stuewe, Global Campus.
- Lauren Vaughan, K-State Olathe.
- Lisa Wilken, biological and agricultural engineering.
- Bryon Williams, New Student Services.
- Sheila Yeh, K-State Libraries.
The nomination process for the 2020 James R. Coffman Leadership Institute will begin in February 2020.