July 9, 2019
Supervising Students on the Job training session offered July 23
Submitted by Human Capital Services - Learning and Development
Megan Eakin from Learning and Development will present Supervising Students on the Job, WTD005, from 8:30-10:30 a.m. Tuesday, July 23, in 4061 College of Business Building.
Student employees provide a significant portion of the workforce that supports and maintains this campus community. To work effectively with this important group, a supervisor should be aware of students' work limitations, key university and federal policies, and helpful leadership techniques. Even experienced supervisors of regular staff will benefit from the ideas offered in this program.
The session will help the participants with the following:
- Recognizing best practices for student employee hiring and onboarding.
- Discussing responsibilities for supervisors of student employees.
- Understanding student employee circumstances and limitations.
- Discussing motivation strategies and ways to recognize student employees.
- Reviewing strategies for addressing poor work performance.
To register for this session, you can either sign up through HRIS Self-Service or send an email to Megan Eakin at firstname.lastname@example.org. When sending an email, please include your name, employee ID, course title and course number, WTD005.