March 5, 2019
Confucius Institute Offers Chinese culture/crafts classes
The Confucius Institute is offering a series of one-hour Chinese culture/crafts classes this semester. These classes will give participants a chance to explore Chinese ink painting, paper-cutting, opera mask painting and more.
The classes are free and open to anyone at K-State and the greater Manhattan community. Those interested may sign up for any number of classes online. Seats for each class are limited, so please sign up as soon as possible.
All classes will be from 3-4 p.m. on Fridays in 1013 Seaton Hall. The Confucius Institute will provide the supplies.
Spring-summer 2019 classes include:
- March 8: Paper lantern making, 做纸灯笼.
- March 22: Paper plate painting, 水墨吹梅花/青花瓷盘.
- March 29: Tangram/Five in a Row, 五子棋/七巧板.
- April 5: Beijing opera mask drawing, 画脸谱.
- April 12: Tie-dye, 扎染.
- April 19: Hand drum making, 做拨浪鼓.
- April 26: Rubber stamp carving, 刻橡皮章.
- May 3: Shuttlecock/tug-of-war game, 踢毽子/拔河.
- May 10: Paper-cutting, 剪纸.