March 4, 2019
National search for assistant vice president for university risk and compliance officer underway
A search committee appointed by Vice President for Administration and Finance Cindy Bontrager has begun the national search for the assistant vice president for university risk and compliance officer.
"Hiring an experienced individual with expertise in identifying risks and managing the increasing compliance demands is beneficial and valuable to our entire university," Bontrager said.
The following are members of the search committee:
- Chad Currier, chief information security officer, chair.
- Cheryl Doerr, associate vice president research compliance.
- Christina Aguilera, director of environmental health and safety.
- Sarah Barrett, Clery act federal compliance coordinator.
- Linda Cook, chief of staff and director of community relations.
- Oscar Ruiz, associate director, K-State Police Department.
- Maureen Redeker, assistant general counsel.
- Marcellus Caldas, assistant provost for international faculty collaboration and educational programs.
- Andy Thompson, senior assistant dean and director, Office of Student Life.
- Becki Bohnenblust, human capital specialist and University Support Staff Senate president.
Lindsey Fouquette, executive recruitment manager for Human Capital Services, is serving as the executive recruiter.
The assistant vice president for university risk and compliance officer is responsible for providing oversight and coordination of an institutional enterprise risk management and compliance program that promotes a culture of compliance and the highest standards of ethics, integrity and responsibility within the university community. This program would effectively and proactively identify, evaluate and monitor strategic and operational risk to the institution. The search committee will accept applications until March 28.