February 25, 2019
Register to attend 2019 Leadership Seminar, 'Leading by Design: Creating Our Future'
"The best way to predict the future is to create it." This quote has been attributed to both President Abraham Lincoln and management guru Peter Drucker. It suggests that we have the ability to shape and design our own future.
The K-State Leadership Seminar is intended to help K-State faculty, staff and others acquire vision and tools to exercise their leadership in a way that can constructively shape our future direction.
The 2019 seminar, "Leadership by Design: Creating our Future," will take place from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesday, April 2, at the K-State Student Union. Register for the seminar online.
Some of the speakers:
- Richard Myers, president.
- Tim de Noble, dean of the College of Architecture, Planning & Design.
- Brian Niehoff, associate provost.
- Karen Pedersen, dean of Global Campus.
- Stephanie Bannister, assistant vice president for student life.
- John Branstad, nationally known presenter and founder of Leadership By Design.
- Dennis Mullin, chair of the Kansas Board of Regents.
- Randy Watson, state commissioner of education.
They will provide perspective on our future direction to help us make choices for the future.
As William Shakespeare wrote, "It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves."