January 4, 2019
2019 health insurance information
Insurance premiums changed Jan. 1. New premium rates, as well as health savings account and flexible spending account contributions, will be reflected in the Jan. 11 paycheck.
The beginning of the year is an important time to review your 2019 health coverage, health savings/health reimbursement account and flexible spending enrollment. You may review this directly through the state of Kansas Membership Administrative Portal. To review 2019 enrollment:
- Log in to HRIS as you do to review your paycheck.
- Navigate to Employee Self Service.
- Select Benefits.
- Select Health Insurance Enrollment.
- You may need to re-enter your eID and password.
- Select Kansas State University from the dropdown box.
- Select the Benefits tab to review 2019 elections.
- After reviewing, be sure to log out.
Employees covered by the State Employee Health Plan will be receiving new cards this week. You should expect the following:
- New cards will be sent directly from the carriers.
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield and Caremark will send new cards to all members.
- Aetna, Delta Dental and Surency Vision will send cards for new members, or new enrollees.
NueSynergy is the vendor for flexible spending accounts, or FSA, health savings accounts, or HSA, and health reimbursement accounts, or HRA.
NueSynergy debit cards should be received by Jan. 7. NueSynergy is also sending welcome kits through email to those with an FSA, HSA, or HRA beginning Jan. 2. You can also find the welcome kits online on NueSynergy's website. NueSynergy recommends using Internet Explorer to view their website for the best experience.
If you wish to transfer your health savings account funds from Optum to NueSynergy, the bank-to-bank transfer form will be available on the NueSynergy website on Jan. 7. To initiate the transfer process, you will need to download the form, complete it, and mail it to Optum. More information regarding the NueSynergy transition timeline and FAQ can be on NueSynergy's website.