December 14, 2018
Impact of incomplete grade policy on graduation
The recently modified incomplete grade policy — F83 University Handbook — can potentially affect a student scheduled to graduate in fall 2018 if an instructor assigns an incomplete grade (I) for any of that student's fall courses.
- Any incomplete grade earned in fall 2018 and later will be changed to a grade of F at the end of the next regular term (fall and spring) or at degree posting, whichever occurs first.
- If an incomplete grade is assigned for fall 2018, the graduating student has until degree posting to complete the course and have a grade change processed in KSIS. Otherwise, the incomplete will be changed to an F at degree posting, potentially preventing the student from meeting graduation GPA requirements.
- This conversion to a grade of F will occur even if the course does not apply to degree course requirements.
- Completion of a certificate or stand-alone minor will also cause any incomplete assigned fall 2018 to change to F at degree posting.
- Degree posting occurs on Jan. 11, 2019.
Potential fall 2018 graduates who earn an incomplete grade in any fall courses will be contacted by email after grade posting and directed to contact both the course instructor and the academic college dean's office. The academic deans' offices will also be provided with a list of potential fall 2018 graduates receiving incomplete grades after grades post on Wednesday, Dec. 19.