November 27, 2018
Electronic incident reporting replaces paper accident report form
Human Capital Services, in partnership with several offices around campus, has designed a new electronic incident reporting process for accidents and incidents related to the working environment at K-State.
Effective Nov. 19, 2018, all incidents, accidents or injuries should be reported through the Electronic Incident Report. The report can also be found at k-state.edu/hcs/incident. This electronic report replaces the former Accident Report Form. The new process will provide a better user experience for the employee, department and administration. It also will ensure work-related incidents are reported in a timely manner to the State Self Insurance Fund for assessment. Information gathered in the incident reporting process also will be used by the K-State Department of Environmental Health and Safety to support uninterrupted research and learning within a safe and healthy environment at K-State.
A few reminders for work-related incidents:
- If an emergency, seek medical treatment at the nearest emergency facility.
- Non-emergency treatment must be pre-authorized by the State Self Insurance Fund. Supervisors or Human Capital Services Liaisons can call the State Self Insurance Fund at 785-296-2364 to request authorization.
- Supervisors will review and confirm incidents that are reported by employees.
A big thank you to the core team who have worked diligently to design, test and implement this new system:
- Project lead: Stacy Divine, Human Capital Services.
- Blake Abbe, Administration and Finance.
- Christina Aguilera, Environmental Health and Safety.
- Becky Ayres, Animal Sciences and Industry.
- Joseph Barbercheck, Environmental Health and Safety.
- Cathy Barry, Lafene Health Center.
- Jaci Begnoche, College of Veterinary Medicine.
- Marlene Kunze Dolan, Housing and Dining Services.
- Lisa Linck, Environmental Health and Safety.
- Amanda McDiffett, Human Capital Services.
- Cindy McNulty, Administrative Support Center.
- Darci Pottroff, Information Systems Office.
- Jim Parker, Lafene Health Center.
- Kathy Roeser, College of Arts and Sciences.
- Bridget Seemann, Administrative Support Center.
- Michael Speirs, Office of Mediated Education.
- Aaron Wilkins, Environmental Health and Safety.
For questions about the new system: