October 29, 2018
Division of Financial Services trainings available during Nov. 1 Supplier Showcase and Safety Fair
The Division of Financial Services will provide a variety of trainings for all K-State employees during the Supplier Showcase and Safety Fair on Thursday, Nov. 1. The following training sessions will take place in the Bluemont Room in the K-State Student Union. Registration is not required.
- eCommerce/CASHNet Storefront, 9:30-10 a.m. and 3:30-4 p.m. CASHNet provides a doorway into eCommerce that allows end-users to pay for events and registrations using credit cards. This presentation provides an introduction to eCommerce and CASHNet storefronts.
- BPC Do's and Don'ts, 10:30-11 a.m. and 2-2:30 p.m. Learn how to obtain and maintain the business procurement card for business-related charges. Training will include a review of processes and procedures, tips for best practices and a question and answer session.
- Travel — What to Do When the Journey Ends, 11-11:30 a.m. and 2:30-3 p.m. General accounting staff will review the submission process for travel reimbursement vouchers, including required documentation, coding and basic travel policies.
- All You Want to Know about DSOs, 10-10:30 a.m. and 1-1:30 p.m. This training will cover guidelines and policies for department sponsored organizations, or DSOs, provide tax and reimbursement guidelines and offer links to valuable resources.
- Purchasing 101, noon to 12:30 p.m. and 1:30-2 p.m. Purchasing staff will discuss tools available for departmental purchases, including purchasing items from approved contracts, the competitive bid process and purchase exceptions.
- Fixed Asset Management, 11:30 a.m. to noon and 3-3:30 p.m. Fixed assets are capitalized assets over $5,000. This training will cover all facets of accounting for capital assets, including an overview of monthly reporting and disposition of property procedures.
Make plans to also attend the Supplier Showcase and Safety Fair from noon to 4 p.m. in the K-State Student Union Ballroom to meet approved university contract vendors and register for prizes. Safety and emergency response representatives from the university, local and state entities will be available to provide information. Snacks will be provided by Dell EMC and free insulated tote bags will be available from 4imprint.