October 15, 2018
Creating Dialogues: International Undergraduate Student Integration Through Institutional Efforts
The English Language Program will host a special event about internationalization and diversity Oct. 19 in Town Hall in the Leadership Studies Building.
"Creating Dialogues: International Undergraduate Student Integration Through Institutional Efforts" will be a day of presentation/workshop/panel discussions on the topic of enhancing international student integration into the campus community.
The event will include featured speaker Ken Guan from Indiana University in Bloomington, and three panels of faculty, students and staff. The focus of the panels will be on how the different units work with and/or encourage international student integration on campus and how we can do better. Our hope is that the resulting discussions will lead to more positive outcomes and better integration of international students.
The following is a schedule of events:
- 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. — Ken Guan lecture/workshop (guest speaker) on institutional integration of international students.
- Break for lunch
- 2-2:10 p.m. — Kimathi Choma, assistant dean for diversity, recruitment and retention, College of Arts and Sciences.
- 2:10-2:55 p.m. — Student panel
- 3-3:45 p.m. — College/faculty panel
- 4-4:45 p.m. — University support services panel
Please join us. RSVP to Leena Chakrabarti at firstname.lastname@example.org.