March 21, 2018
Food and Agriculture Advocacy Workshop offered March 27
Are you interested in learning about the food and agriculture research going on at K-State? Do you want to learn how to advocate for policies that promote healthy food and productive farms?
The Union of Concerned Scientists invites you to a workshop to learn how to use your expertise to advocate for food and farm policies that are healthy, fair and sustainable. The Food and Agriculture Advocacy Workshop will be 5:30-8 p.m. Tuesday, March 27, in the K-State Student Union's Bluemont Room.
At the workshop, you'll hear from leaders working on campus, throughout Riley County and at the Kansas State Capitol to build a food system that we can be proud of.
- Maureen Olewnik, Global Food Systems Initiative.
- DeAnn Presley, department of agronomy, Kansas State University.
- Vickie James, Riley County Food and Farm Council.
- Mary Fund, Kansas Rural Center.
- David Procter, Rural Grocery Initiative.
- Kiley Moody, School of Leadership Studies, Kansas State University.
- Tali Robbins, Union of Concerned Scientists.
Please RSVP and take a short survey to help tailor the workshop to your interests and experience. Dinner from JP's will be provided.