February 16, 2018
Professional Staff Affairs Committee updates
As part of Faculty Senate, the Professional Staff Affairs Committee was formed in an effort to communicate the specific needs, challenges, and voices of the K-State unclassified professional staff, which comprise more than one-third K-State's employees.
Currently, the committee is focusing on the following efforts:
- Working with Information Technology Services to develop a professional staff listserv to improve cross-campus communication.
- Collaborating with Human Capital Services to receive progress reports and information when available.
- Obtaining data from Human Capital Services to gain an accurate picture of the current campus environment with regard to unclassified professional staffing numbers and trends.
- Researching the current spouse/dependent and employee tuition program to see if changes in policy and language are needed.
The committee encourages all faculty and staff to attend the upcoming open forums:
- Manhattan campus: 2:30-3:30 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 21, at the K-State Alumni Center.
- Polytechnic campus: 2:30-3:30 p.m. Monday, Feb. 26, in the College Center conference room.
- Olathe campus: 10:30-11:30 a.m. Wednesday, March 7, in Forum Hall at K-State Olathe.
The committee invites all unclassified professional staff to reach out to a member as needed. Meeting agendas and minutes are on the Professional Staff Affairs Committee website.
The following are elected members of the PSA committee:
- Kim Kerschen, College of Agriculture, 2015-2018.
- Thomas Jackson, College of Architecture, Planning & Design, 2015-2018.
- Christina Hauck, College of Arts and Sciences, 2016-2019.
- Ashley Thomas, College of Business Administration, 2013-1820, co-chair.
- Kelly Briggs, College of Education, 2013-2020.
- Chassy Nichols, College of Engineering, 2014-2019.
- Stacey Warner, Extension, 2013-2018.
- Loleta Sump, general university, 2016-2020, co-chair.
- Mary Anne Andrews, College of Human Ecology, 2013-2020.
- Jo Crawford, K-State Libraries, 2016-2019.
- Alyssa Wendel, K-State Polytechnic Jan. 2017-2019.
- Mal Hoover, College of Veterinary Medicine, 2017-2020.
- Jordan Kiehl, student representative.
Nonvoting attendees: Lynn Carlin, liaison for the provost; and Bill Johnson, liaison for Human Capital Services.