April 18, 2014
Update from the University Budget Advisory Committee
The University Budget Advisory Committee has continued meeting this spring, and recent work has included:
- Drafting of a committee timeline;
- Review and evaluation of current processes to determine budgetary needs of the university;
- Discussion of strategies to help prioritize how the university allocates and optimizes resources;
- Review of revised revenue projections for FY 2015 and a three-year rolling budget plan;
- Received an update from the Tuition Strategies Committee and provided input on fee proposals;
- Review of K-State’s capital improvement projects request submitted to the Kansas Board of Regents on April 1; and
- Development of processes to identify and request university capital improvement priorities in the future, and review of a five-year history of revenues and expenses.
The committee was appointed last fall by President Kirk Schulz and is chaired by Provost and Senior Vice President April Mason. More information and budget resources are available on the president's budget website.