January 16, 2014
Expansion at Manhattan Regional Airport calls for temporary facilities and patience
Because of construction at the Manhattan Regional Airport, passengers will see a significant change to the terminal traffic flow and parking availability beginning Jan. 15.
Vehicles entering the airport loop road will be prevented from driving in front of the terminal. Instead cars will be directed to the left and will face opposite direction traffic as they proceed to the temporary ticket terminal to drop off passengers or return rental cars.
The short-term parking lot is closed. Parking is only available in the long-term lots or the temporary parking lot that was recently constructed to the west of the terminal.
Passengers are asked to drive slowly and comply with construction signage. Because of the new traffic and parking configuration, passengers should allow extra time for arrival to the airport and airline check-in.
- Refer to the American Airline, www.aa.com, and Allegiant Air, www.allegiantair.com, websites for specific flight information.
- Refer to the Transportation Security Administration website, www.tsa.gov, for security screening questions.
- Don’t wait for the last minute to check-in for your flight. Airline websites give minimum times for check-in. Consider checking in and printing your boarding pass prior to arriving at the airport. International travel requires longer check-in times.
- Parking will fill up fast. Consider being dropped off at the airport instead of driving.
- The airport is now on Skyway Drive. Exit K-18 at the 56th Avenue exit or take Skyway Drive from the Scenic Drive roundabout.
- The airport’s website is www.FlyMHK.com and will provide additional information about services and construction impact on the construction tab.